This refreshing soup gets kicked up a notch with the help of mango chutney. For this reason, I like it better chilled, but you may prefer to serve it at room temperature.
- 3 cucumbers, peeled, seeds scooped out (save peels!)
- 4 Tbsp pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp raw tahini
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp agave or honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh dill or 1 1/2 Tbsp dried dill
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup diced fresh mango (skins removed)
- 1 Tbsp diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chiffonaded
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp agave nectar or yacon syrup
- 1/4 tsp
- Place cucumbers, pine nuts, tahini, lemon juice, zest and honey in a blender and process till smooth. Add water a little at a time till desired consistency is reached.
- Add dill and parsley and pulse to mix in. You want green flecks throughout the soup to add texture and dimension. Add sea salt to taste.
- Put soup into a sealed glass container and put in fridge to chill.
- In a mixing bowl, combine tomato, peppers, parsley and ginger.
- Add olive oil, honey and sea salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Let mixture stand at room temperature for at least 15 minutes to allow time for all flavors to incorporate.
- To assemble, divide soup and pour into bowl, add a spoonful of chutney in the middle, then garnish with lemon zest and slivers of cucumber peel.
- Store in a sealed glass container in fridge for up to 5 days.