My signature green smoothie. I pretty much live off this drink! I leave the skin on the cucumber to get the extra nutrients, but you may want to ease into this raw food lifestyle by peeling it. I also prefer to use a frozen banana so that there’s a bit of chill to the drink. Enjoy!
- 1 huge handful of kale. stripped from the hard stem
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped into 2-inch pieces (so strands don’t gunk up your blades)
- 1 handful of parsley
- 1 handful of cilantro
- 1 handful of mint
- 1 banana
- 1 handful of frozen fruit
- 1 Tbsp. flax seed oil
- 1 Tbsp hemp protein
- 1 Tbsp Vital Mineral Green (or any whole green powder)
- 1 to 2 cups of almond milk (rice milk, soy milk – but no dairy!)
- Throw all ingredients into a blender and blend for several minutes. If you like a colder smoothie (like I do), throw in some ice cubes.
- If you can, try to buy all your ingredients at once, wash and prep them, then divide them up into different reusable containers so that you have one day’s ingredients in each container. This makes it über-easy and more likely that you’ll stick to making it!
- Don’t be afraid to screw around with this. My smoothie is a tad different every day. Remember: Variety is the spice of life!