One of my most requested recipes, these kale chips have a nutty, cheesy flavor, thanks to the yeast. I prefer to use curly kale because it traps the flavor better. Warning: I’ve been told these are addictive!
- 2 bunches curly kale
- 1/3 cup olive or sesame oil
- 1/3 cup tamari or nama shoyu
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- Strip kale from its stem. (Don’t forget to compost the stems!)
- Pour oil and tamari over kale and mix. Massage with hands — really get into it and make sure every leaf is covered.
- Sprinkle remaining ingredients over kale and mix again.
- Spread over dehydrator tray (or baking tray in oven) and put on 105 degrees for 6-8 hours.
- Store in a sealed container immediately — or eat it all at once!