Pomegranates are packed with all sorts of antioxidants. The fruit’s seeds, which come inside casings called arils, are not only edible but quite tasty and can liven up most any salad.
- 3 green apples, seeded and thinly julienned
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced into chunks
- 1 large fennel bulb, thinly julienned
- 1/4 red onion, julienned paper thin
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced thin crosswise
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 pound kale or arugula
- 1/2 cup raw candied nuts
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 mango
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed oil
- 1/2 Tbsp poppyseeds
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 drops Young Living Essential Oil Orange
- Combine ingredients for the dressing in a large bowl and whisk to blend.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl, except arugula and pomegranate seeds. Toss well.
- Arrange arugula leaves attractively on a platter.
- Heap apple mixture on top. Garnish with candied pecans. Serve immediately!