A little bit salty, a little bit nutty, this party-pleasing spread will sure to have you guests clamoring more, so you may want to double the recipe.
Yields 1 cup
- 1 cup black or Greek olives, pitted
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts, ground
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 Tbsp capers
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 tsp dried basil, crushed
- Combine ingredients in a food processor and pulse to mix, removing lid several times to scrape sides with a spatula. Mixture should be smooth but not totally pureed.
- Will keep in refrigerator one week to 10 days