Ooey-gooey goodness is just a blender away with these chocolaty treats. Although they’re healthier than the real thing, don’t substitute them for your regular meal, as much as you may want to.
- 2 cups walnuts, soaked 4-6 hours and dehydrated for 12 hours
- 6 Tbsp pitted dates, packed and at room temperature
- 6 Tbsp carob or cacao powder
- 1 tsp cherry extract
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, soaked and dehydrated
- 1/4 cup dried pitted cherries or raisins, chopped
- 3 Tbsp water
- Put the walnuts in a food processor outfitted with the “S” blade and grind until they are the consistency of a meal.
- Loosely separate the dates and add them to the food processor. Continue to process until the mixture is well combined.
- Add the cacao powder and the cherry extract and process to mix. Transfer the brownie mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining walnuts and the cherries to the brownie mixture, and sprinkle with the water. Mix well with your hands.
- Pack firmly in to a 7×7-inch pan. Chill at least 1 hour before slicing and serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for 3 months.
- Cherry extract can be found at specialty stores or ordered online. You can use vanilla extract as a substitute.