Packed with green goodness, this soup is just blooming with nutrition. Orange juice gives provides the sweetness to the soup. For a less sweet soup, reduce or eliminate the orange juice and replace it with additional water.
Yields 2 cups
- 3/4 cup purified water
- 1/4 cup orange juice or 1/2 orange, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups kale, stemmed and chopped
- 1/2 apple, cored and chopped (or 2/3 small cucumber, peeled and chopped)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, parsley, basil leaves or fresh dill weed, packed
- 1 Tbsp light, mellow miso
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/4 red jalapeno pepper, with seeds or a pinch of cayenne
- 1/2 green onion, optional
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and seeded
- Combine the water, orange juice, kale, apple, cilantro or other fresh herbs, miso, jalapeno, lemon juice, garlic and the optional green onion and blend until smooth.
- Add the avocado and blend again until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
- You can substitute the avocado with coconut meat.
- Try a variety of vegetables, such as cucumber, zucchini, tomato, bell pepper, celery, romaine and spinach.