Sweet and tangy all at once, grapefruit salad makes for a great lunch or as a pleasant surprise for brunch guests. The colors make a feast for the eyes.
Yields 4 servings
- 3 large ruby red grapefruits or 5 mandarins
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- pinch of fresh ground pepper
- 2 ripe avocados, sliced
- 1 handful of mint leaves, torn
- 2 small fennel bulbs, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp coriander seeds or handful of fresh cilantro
- Section grapefruit and peel off skin from individual wedges; chop into chunks, if desired. Save any juice for dressing.
- Mix oil, lime juice, grapefruit juice, salt and pepper. Whisk.
- Toss avocado slices in dressing; add the fennel and mint and toss well. Gently divide the mixture among 4 serving plates. Sprinkle with coriander seeds, garnish with shaved fennel.
Original recipe from Raw Food Real World Recipe Book