Zucchini is a very hydrating vegetable. It is even more nutritious to leave the skin on, although it will change the color of the soup to more of a green hue. Try alternatives of this soup by trading fennel for cilantro, parsley or basil.
- 5 cups zucchini, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp agave nectar or honey
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 cup fennel bulb, shaved thin**
- Put all the ingredients, except fennel, in a blender and blend until perfectly smooth.
- To serve, garnish each serving of soup with a little shaved fennel.
- Soup can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.