A take on traditional stuffed mushrooms, the raw version is just as tasty and can be served at room temperature or warmed up a little in the oven, if so desired.
- 12 jumbo mushrooms, wiped clean
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, soaked 6-8 hours, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, washed, dried and minced
- 1 tsp fresh basil, minced
- 2 tsp light miso
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Using a small spoon, carefully scoop out center of the mushrooms, leaving about 1/4” of flesh around the perimeter. Save stems and centers to use later.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl, then add mushrooms and toss carefully. Set mushroom shells aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Pack mushroom shells with filling and serve at room temperature or slightly warmed in the oven.