The secret ingredient to this dressing is the sun-dried tomato powder, which adds a punch of concentrated flavor as well as thickens the dressing to a creamy texture.
Yields 1 cup
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 Tbsp sun-dried tomato powder (see below)
- 1/2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp solar-dried sea salt
- 1/8 tsp powdered mustard
- pinch of pepper
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp flax oil
- Blend all of the ingredients together in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Store in a sealed jar in the fridge for up to two days.
- Fresh oregano also works great in place of Italian seasoning.
- Regular prepared mustard be used in place of powdered.
- Additional olive oil can be used in place of the flax oil.
- To make your own sun-dried tomato powder, slice fresh tomatoes and stick in dehydrator at 105 degrees on tray for up to 24 hours. You want the tomatoes to be super dry. You can also do this in a regular oven at the lowest temperature possible on a cookie tray. Once the tomatoes are dry, blend them into a powder in a high-speed blender.